The Scented Killer
Muriel has been experiencing hearing loss over the years as she aged. One day when she was quietly reading to herself in bed, her fire alarm started to sound off as a fire was quickly making its way up her beautiful linen curtains in the living room. A fire that started by a scented candle Muriel had lit earlier in the living room that evening. As the screeching noise of the fire alarm went on and on, poor Muriel had no idea of what was happening since she took off her hearing aid.
Thankfully, Muriel’s son had Amaryllo’s cameras installed for her, allowing Amaryllo’s 24/7 Professional Monitoring agent to quickly respond to the alert. Alerted by the situation, Amaryllo agents called Muriel and the fire department immediately; at the same time Muriel’s son saw the fire alert from his mobile device and ran home to check up on Muriel. It was a relief that the fire department came in time to put the fire out.